The buzz is building for our annual celebration of the 7000+ fragrant purple plants that grace our hillsides, feed our honeybees, and provide the inspiration for our culinary program and spa products. Don’t miss the party! Join us in the Organic Garden for harvesting demos, delicious lavender-inspired food and drink, lavender-themed crafts, meet-and-greets with the Ranch Artisans, live music from the Monterey Jazz Festival All-Star Alumni Group, and much more.
On the Menu:
- Chef Tim Wood’s famous street tacos featuring BBQ shredded chicken and Yucatan-style shredded pork, plus queso fresco, cabbage, chipotle aioli, and cumin-chili yogurt sauce
- Live-action wood-fired pizzas including heirloom-tomato mozzarella, pepperoni, and wild mushroom with parmesan & truffle
- Swank Farms Morning Harvest Farm Stand featuring heirloom tomato & burrata salad, grilled sweet corn & cherry tomato ragu; and grilled veggies with house-made jalapeño ranch dressing
- Lavender shortbread cookies & chocolate cupcakes with lavender ganache
- Frozen honey lavender lemonade (alcoholic and virgin options)Activities & Artisans:
- Goat-cheese tasting with Charlie Casio, the Cheese Guy
- Salt tasting and blending with Carlo Overhulser, the Salt Sourcerer
- Talking dirt with Farmer Mark Marino, the Dirt Whisperer
- “What’s the Buzz” observation hive and education station with our Busy Beekeepers
- Raptor visit with Falconer Antonio and his winged ambassadors
- DIY crafts – lavender crowns & bouquets, sachets, bath teas, and bath truffles
- Paint & play with watercolors
- Lawn games
Saturday, July 27, 2019; 1:00p–4:00p; $95 per person, $75 ages 6–12, ages 5 & under complimentary. Price includes food and 1 complimentary drink ticket; additional alcoholic beverages available at cash bar.
Are there ID or minimum age requirements to enter the event?
For those purchasing adult tickets, please bring a valid ID to verify 21+ for alcoholic beverages.
What are my transportation/parking options for getting to and from the event?
When you arrive at Carmel Valley Ranch, please plan to park on Robinson Canyon Rd. We will be running shuttle service between the Guard Gate and the Organic Garden all afternoon.
Carmel Valley Ranch Members, you may enter and park on the grounds, as usual. Please drive your stickered vehicles for verification.
What can I bring into the event?
Strollers, hats, and sunscreen! It will be fairly sunny in the Organic Garden, and a little windy.
PLEASE DO NOT BRING ANY FURRY FRIENDS, dogs are not permitted in the Organic Garden during this event. We promise to provide plenty of furry, chirpy love with the Hens and the Goats!
Do I have to bring my printed ticket to the event?
No – as long as your ID and the purchaser’s names read one and the same, Will Call will suffice.
Is it ok if the name on my ticket or registration doesn’t match the person who attends?
If you give or sell your ticket to someone else, please email Kat Hurley at kaitlyn.hurley(at)carmelvalleyranch.com to inform us of the change, and be sure that the new ticket holder brings a printed copy with them for verification.