We are pleased to offer an exciting Economic Development Internship to full-time enrolled college students. Intern will contribute to the Economic Development program by providing digital marketing support using existing websites, email and social media channels; developing new marketing presentations, reports and graphic materials; completing market research and reports; supporting Startup Challenge marketing and implementation; participating in the annual former Fort Ord Jobs Survey; and other tasks as assigned. Intern will work under supervision of the FORA Economic Development Manager.
Educational opportunities in this position include: economic development; market research techniques, business planning methods; report preparation and presentation skills. Key skills development includes: market research techniques; financial modeling; business analysis; web and social media development and management; communications; and presentation techniques.
- Enthusiasm for community/economic development
- Interest in gaining and applying new computing and digital marketing skills
- Self-starter with basic computing skills (Microsoft word, Excel, and internet search engines)
- Ability to research or learn to perform market research
- Ability to prepare reports
- Ability to work with team or group
This opportunity would begin in July 2017 and run through June 2018 (subject to performance review).
This is a paid internship opportunity at $15/hr minimum 19 hours per week. BUS 498 credits possible.
Please submit cover letter and resume to email@example.com no later than 5pm June 16, 2017.