The University of California is offering 49.6 acres of its UC Monterey Bay Education Science and Technology (UCMBEST) campus for public auction. This site, long planned for commercial development use, is located at the intersection of Reservation Rd. and Imjin Parkway within the jurisdiction of the City of Marina. The property is directly adjacent to the Marina Municipal Airport and planned commercial development sites retained by the University. See the information below about the auction process and lead broker contact information. This property has incredible potential for visitors serving, light industrial and airport related uses. In addition, this site is also in a newly certified federal Opportunity Zone, which provides for potential tax benefits for certain types of investment.
The University of California is offering 49.6 acres of its UC Monterey Bay Education Science and Technology (UCMBEST) campus for public auction. This site, long planned for commercial development use, is located at the intersection of Reservation Rd. and Imjin Parkway within the jurisdiction of the City of Marina. The property is directly adjacent to the Marina Municipal Airport and planned commercial development sites retained by the University. It has great potential! See the information below about the auction process and lead broker contact information.
West Campus, UC MBEST Center | Marina, CA 93940
WEST CAMPUS OPPORTUNITY
- Mahoney & Associates is honored to represent the University of California Regents in the offering of a rare “Business Park” development opportunity in the Monterey Bay Area. The “West Campus” property is strategically located between the Monterey Peninsula, the Agricultural Hub of Salinas and the vibrant Santa Cruz County areas and is zoned as “Business Park”.
- West Campus property is comprised of 3 lots totaling approximately 49.63 acres and is irregular in shape. The site is bounded by Reservation Road to the south, Imjin Road to the east, Neeson Road to the north, and Fort Ord Natural Reserve (FONR) to the west. The Property is unimproved, except for 1) 75,000 SF, surface parking lot located at the southwest corner of Imjin Road and Neeson Road, which is currently subject to a license agreement for its use; and 2) a 174,000 SF asphalt area containing a 12′ X 30′ concrete building, of which approximately 90,000 SF of this area is fenced. There is also a second fence on the property that is located off the property line.
- In 1994, The University of California, Santa Cruz (UCSC) received nearly 1,100 acres of land from the U.S. Army on the former Fort Ord. 500 acres has been the focus of a collaborative research-business development by UCSC and the University has slated the remaining 600 acres as protected habitat, which is now managed by the Fort Ord Natural Reserve (FONR). After the development of the Monterey Bay Education Science & Technology (MBEST) Center and infrastructure on the Central North Campus, to be developed as an R&D campus, a visioning exercise with broad input from community leaders took place in 2011, recommending the non-habitat lands other than the Central North Campus be put up for development to generate jobs. With continual collaboration between UCSC, the Fort Ord Reuse Authority (FORA), the County of Monterey and the City of Marina, a development strategy has emerged, making the West Campus available for purchase. The vision long held by UCSC for economic development in the region will be manifested with this offering.
Sealed Bid Sale Information: Upon signing and submitting a bidder registration form, prospective bidders will be granted access to the full Bid Package. Please contact agent, Alison Goss or Patrick Stafford, for access.
Key Sealed Bid Dates:
- Bid Deadline – 5:00 PM July 17, 2018
- Bid Deposit – Shall be submitted with bid.
- Bid Opening – 10:00 Am July 18, 2018
- Due Diligence Period – July 18, 2018 – 5:00 PM September 7, 2018
- Close of Escrow – On or before September 19, 2018
For over 40 years Mahoney & Associates have provided the market knowledge and guidance needed to generate superior financial returns for our clients. We specialize in the leasing and sale of retail and industrial properties, office buildings, apartments, hotels/ motels, and land for development. Asset management and consulting services are also provided.We realize that the success we achieve is in direct proportion to the quality and service we provide to the client. We do not take any business for granted, and sincerely appreciate the opportunity to represent you in any and all aspects of commercial real estate.
The information contained herein has either been given to us by the owner of the herein described real property or obtained from sources we consider reliable. However, we do not represent that it is accurate or complete and it should not be relied upon as such. All of the information contained herein is subject to change without notice.
Commercial Sales Person
Mahoney & Associates
501 Abrego St.
Monterey, CA 93940